Since 2015, Brandon and Clark has been a Koyo Factory Certified Repair Center.
In order to become Koyo Factory Certified, Koyo has to deem you to be:
- Longstanding experienced shops you can trust and grow with
- Consistent, quality repairs
- Added Value through increased capabilities
- Commitment to continuous improvement and training
- Reduction in downtime!!
The Importance of the Koyo Certification
According to the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE) over half of all electric motor failures are bearing related. Koyo’s Certified Repair Center Program is geared towards improving a shop’s overall bearing knowledge and eliminating typical failure modes associated with bearings and electric motor repairs.
The program to become Koyo Certified encompasses a 4-step process starting with a comprehensive shop audit by a Koyo representative, leading to a custom designed training class, followed by a certification exam for shop personnel, and lastly, a 2-year check up to make sure certification requirements are still intact.
Requirements to Become a Koyo Certified Repair Center:
- Completion of a shop audit resulting in zero major or minor deficiencies
- Shop technicians scoring an 85 or better on a bearing proficiency test covering general bearing knowledge
- Koyo bearing purchases going only through an authorized Koyo distributor
- Recertification every 2 years
Brandon and Clark has been trained to understand:
- Bearing Basics – Nomenclature & Interchange Information
- Proper Storage & Handling Techniques
- Mounting Procedures
- Lubrication Principles
- Bearing Failure Analysis and Troubleshooting
Benefits of the Program:
- Strengthen customer loyalty/relationships
- Increased quality and consistency of repairs
- Recognition of facility’s capabilities/added value
- Improved technician performance
- Demonstrates a commitment to continuous improvement
- Reduction in warranty returns