Maintenance is Key
Brandon & Clark recommends that you perform routine field service testing on your mobile substation yearly to insure that your unit will be in excellent working condition when you need it the most. Field services testing on substation units includes: SFRA, DGA, TTR, resistance and Doble® testing.
All Brandon & Clark mobile power transformer windings are produced using copper conductor and nomex insulation. Our materials selection philosophy is: use the highest quality materials in the repair or redesign of equipment. This philosophy enables us to help customers avoid unnecessary losses and maximize the life of their equipment.
Brandon & Clark also, has experienced on staff engineers that are capable of converting your mobile transformer from aluminum windings to copper windings. Copper windings offer advantages in transformer losses and mechanical strength which is particularly important for industrial applications where large motor starting loads are present.
With 54 years of combined engineering experience Brandon & Clark’s engineering staff is capable of performing redesigns of mobile power transformers. Redesign capabilities include changing primary and secondary voltages, KVA, k-factor rating and converting designs to copper conductor material, converting windings from layer wound to continuous disc windings.
Testing & Services
Using the Doble® M4100 with the DTA database, Brandon & Clark is able to give you immediate analysis of your equipment. We can analyze and compare your test result against industry results, to distinguish emerging trends, and each device name plate and test history is located in one place, in one record, which improves the efficiency and reliability of testing and evaluation of results.
What does Doble® testing include?
- Excitation current testing to evaluate the transformer magnetizing circuit
- Power factor testing to confirm insulation integrity and quality
- Capacitance testing to measure physical changes that may have occurred to the apparatus
- Turns ratio testing to detect shorted turns or winding damage
- Capacitor bank testing detects deteriorating or failed capacitors within a bank.
- Doble bushing testing (C1/C2, hotcollar) that helps to determine individual bushing health
Brandon & Clark has a dedicated testing and field services team of Doble® trained engineers and technicians to test and evaluate your equipment in the field or in the shop.
Capabilities at a glance
- IEEE & ANSI design & testing
- 24 hour on call staff
- Aggressive turnaround time on all units
- High attention to detail
- Experienced design and engineering staff
- FR3 fluid & Mineral oil fill options
- New bushings
- Lightning arrestors
- Potential transformers
- Current transformers and distribution transformers
- Relay equipment
- Battery charger
- Nitrogen system
- New copper windings
- Oven dehydration
- Check of all gauges & pressure devices
- High quality polyurethane paint that is designed to prevent rust & corrosion
- Doble® testing
- 5,000 sq ft clean, climate controlled winding facility
- Brandon & Clark can rebuild motors in house
- Pumps & fans can be replaced or rebuilt at our facility
- Experienced on staff controls and electrical specialist