Brandon and Clark transformer field services are available 24-hours a day to serve your transformer repair needs. Servicing padmounted and substation transformers, polemount, dry type, power, mobile, regulators and reclosers.
Brandon and Clark’s expert staff can assist in: commissioning, relocation, internal and external repairs, testing and preventative maintenance.
Brandon and Clark’s experience with transformer rewinds and manufacturing of transformers, up to 30MVA at 161kV, enhances our field service capabilities beyond the competition allowing us to provide engineering support, services, design and manufacturing
Exterior transformer services:
- Assembly and disassembly
- Bushing removal and replacement
- Radiator removal and replacement
- Leak repairs
- Gasket replacement
- Relocation services
- In-field sandblasting, hydro-blasting and painting
- Commissioning services
Internal transformer services:
- Internal inspections and repairs: paper samples, coil re-clamping and lead repair
- DGA (dissolved gas analysis)
- Dielectric oil tests
- Oil moisture content tests or Karl Fischer
- Power factor
- Turn ratio
- Auxiliary devices (ie fans, pumps)
- Doble testing
- SFRA testing (sweep frequency response analysis
- Insulation resistance
- Winding/conductor resistance
- Oil filled bushing test
- CT test
- 24 Hour emergency services
- Hot oil processing
- Additional field services: wiring, motor testing, repair and replacement, motor alignment
- Wind farm services
- Control maintenance and replacement
- Safety training: electrical safety, substation safety, confined space entry, lockout/tagout procedures
- Cooper Power Systems Factory Authorized Service Center
Using Doble technology and the DTA database, we are able to give immediate analysis of the device under test. Brandon and Clark can analyze and compare your test results against industry results to distinguish emerging trends. Each device name plate and test history is then located in one record, improving the efficiency of testing and evaluation of results. The advantage of power factor testing is that the testing is repetitive and will break down a piece of equipment into sections to determine the exact location of electrical breakdown. The pinpoint accuracy that a Doble test can provide you cannot be achieved by using an insulation resistance test.
What does Doble testing include? :
- Excitation current testing to evaluate the transformer magnetizing circuit
- Power factor testing to confirm insulation integrity and quality
- Capacitance testing to measure physical changes that may have occurred to the apparatus
- Turns ratio testing to detect shorted turns or winding damage
- Capacitor bank testing detects deteriorating or failed capacitors within a bank
- Doble bushing testing (C1/C2, hotcollar) helps to determine individual bushing health
Brandon and Clark has a dedicated testing and field service team of Doble trained engineers and technicians to test and evaluate your equipment in the field or in the shop.
Dissolved Gas Analysis (DGA)
Dissolved Gas Analysis is a vital test performed on the oil in the transformer. Oil analysis can reveal a variety of phenomena such as arcing, partial discharge, moisture contamination and overheating.
The breakdown of electrical insulating materials and related components inside a transformer generates gases within the unit. Identifying these gases being generated can be very useful information in any preventative maintenance program. Once oil samples have been taken and analyzed, the first step in evaluating DGA results is to consider the concentration levels (in ppm) of each key gas. It is recommended that values for each of the gases be trended over time. Any drastic change is a sign of a potential problem and action should be taken to prevent damage to the transformer.
Keeping trending records and performing regular DGA testing will ensure the health of your transformer and prevent any unscheduled downtime.
- Brandon and Clark’s in-field radiator repair services can SAVE you time and money by eliminating crane fees, transportation costs, downtime and the expense for disconnecting and reconnecting the transformer!
- We will travel throughout the contiguous 48 states to serve your radiator repair needs.
We are willing to service your transformer from all over the United States. This map represents a sample area of states we have previously served.