- Recondition and rewind 35-kV class 200-kV BIL
- Conversions: voltage, KVA, physical configuration
- All copper windings
- New units available
- IEEE/ANSI testing and design standards
- K-factor design
- Custom manufacturing
- Failure analysis
- Station type
- VPI technology
- Recondition and rewind units receive new mineral oil or FR3 fluid
- Covert live front radial feed to dead front radial or vise versa
- Add bay-o-net fusing or load break switch
- Drain valve relocation
- Cooling fan additions
Brandon and Clark can perform redesigns and conversions to your padmount transformer including changes to :
- internal accessories
- external configurations
Conversions from live front to dead front or the addition of load break switches and bay-o-net fusing can be performed.
Other capabilities include:
- changing primary and secondary voltages
- K-factor rating
- converting designs to a copper conductor material
Our custom padmount designs offer superior lead time along with the advantage of being a tailored-made solution to match your specifications. Custom manufacturing can save time and money ensuring that your Brandon and Clark manufactured unit is a direct drop in replacement preventing unnecessary modifications to your facility.
- Brandon and Clark gives you the option to move the drain valve to the outside of the transformer tank. This change allows you the convenience of deenergizing the unit to take oil samples in a safer environment.
- With a custom unit, Brandon and Clark can manufacture a unit faster than most manufactures can gather the material needed to build a new one.
Electrical tests include:
- transformer turns ratio (TTR)
- insulation resistance
- winding/conductor resistance test (DLRO)
- applied potential (hi-pot)
- induced potential (double induced)
- load, no-load test
Since 2005, Brandon & Clark has offered their customers the option to fill & retro-fill their electrical equipment with an environmentally friendly and EPA approved fluid called FR3®. Envirotemp FR3® fluid is made from food grade seed oils and food grade performance enhancing additives, which makes it completely biodegradable. FR3® fluid can help to extend the life of your transformers insulation and improves the transformers fire resistancy, through higher flash and fire points.