- Competitive Wages
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- 401 (k) and ROTH IRA Retirement Plans with a 3% Match
- Health Insurance
- Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Training and Certifications
- Safety Program
- Promote from Within
Lubbock Area Air Compressor/ Electric Motor Technician
Lubbock Area Air Compressor/ Electric Motor Technician
We are seeking an Air Compressor Technician to be based out of our Lubbock Facility. The Technician role will be to perform routine, preventive maintenance and repairs on oil injected air compressors, of all makes and models, as well as electric motors. Brandon & Clark offers competitive compensation plans as well as health care, 401k w/matching options, vacation/PTO, vendor and customer training opportunities.
Primary Job Responsibilities and Expectations:
Service Maintenance and Repair: The Service Technician will perform routine, preventative maintenance and repairs on oil-injected air compressors and electric motors. Preventative maintenance should be conducted in accordance with manufacturer’s recommendations (with regards to schedule and scope). A main responsibility of this role is to troubleshoot and perform diagnostics on malfunctioning compressors and motors, determine possible causes for malfunctions, and perform repairs as suggested by diagnostics and assessment. Prior to and following preventative maintenance and repairs, they are responsible to test and document the proper operating parameters of the compressor. Troubleshoot and repair air compressors, air dryers (regenerative and refrigerated), auto drains, flow controllers, vacuum pumps, and blowers, and electric motors – Pressure wash (where possible) and effectively clean the customer’s entire equipment pad including skids, coolers, concrete, tanks, etc. – Accurately communicate with the customer and Service Manager regarding all services performed and clearly present all options for any required repairs, upgrades, or other customer needs – Completely fill out all work orders for customer documentation.
- Technical training in electrical, hydraulics, and/or pneumatics preferred.
- Minimal of 2 years of strong mechanical and electrical experience with demonstrated expertise in the maintenance, overhaul, and repair of a wide variety of industrial equipment, including electrical, hydraulics and/or pneumatics.
- Experience in HVAC is a plus, compressor experience strongly desired.
- Valid Driver’s License with no major traffic violations, suspensions, or DUIs in previous 5 years.
- Able to work independently with strong self-management and professionalism.
- Able to complete work within assigned deadlines.
- Computer proficiency as required for communication, research, work orders and programming various controllers.
- Available for a rotating schedule of on-call work on evenings, weekends and holidays.
- Must be able to read and write in English.
- Overnight travel up to 15% is required.
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs. on a regular basis and work in industrial environments including extremes in temperature with continuous walking, reaching, bending, and kneeling.
- Prefer residence Lubbock, Tx Area; some overnight travel will be required for training and jobs.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and periodic, unannounced random drug tests.
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
- Must be able to pass a fit for duty physical exam.
Brandon & Clark, Inc. Introduction:
Brandon & Clark is a leader in our industry providing sales, service, repair, and installation of electrical solutions and rotating apparatus (Electric Motors, Generators, Pumps, Compressors). The company was founded on April 1, 1950 as an electric motor repair and field service company by Basil (Pop) Brandon and his stepsons, Bill and Bob Clark. Mr. Brandon, a retired salesman, provided the financing, management, and sales experience, while Bob and Bill provided the electrical and mechanical troubleshooting and repair skills. Since opening, the company has expanded to provide sales and service for electric motors, transformers, electrical equipment, air compressors, industrial wiring, system integration, and custom controls for all areas of industry.
Initially servicing West Texas & Eastern New Mexico, the company has grown into a regional electrical solution center serving the Southwestern United States. Headquartered in Lubbock, Texas, Brandon & Clark, Inc. has grown from its humble beginnings in a 25’ x 75’ building with 3 employees to a corporation with 6 locations and more than 200 employees. A family owned and operated business, now entering its third generation of leadership; we are still committed to the customer service and quality principles set forth by our founders.
From our sales, service and repair facilities in Lubbock, Hereford, Odessa, and Fort Worth, TX we provide comprehensive support for the sale, installation, commissioning, service and repair of electrical and rotating apparatus ranging from Transformers to 30MVA at 161,000 volts and Electric Motors to 30,000 HP at 13800 Volts as well as Variable Frequency Drives, Air Compressors, Generators, Gear Boxes and Pumps. We also provide industrial electrical construction and troubleshooting services, automation, and custom control system fabrication from several of our facilities. Our focus is to provide the products and services that our customers require to keep their facilities operating as smoothly and efficiently as possible to help maximize their profitability and to grow their businesses.
Submit Resumes to:
Brandon & Clark, Inc.
3623 I-27, Lubbock, Tx 79404